Monday, 8 July 2013

Lemon tea

When it is cold and flu season, There is nothing nicer than a hot cup of lemon and honey tea to soothe your throat. This coming weekend I am preparing for a concert, 
and we need to have something to soothe our throats after singing that long! So I thought I would pull out my lemon tea recipe!

This time I added a bit of ginger to calm our nervous stomachs! The recipe is very simple. Place in a 1/2 pint jar-
finely slice one whole lemon, 
dice 1 inch of ginger root, 
Fill to the top with a good quality, local honey. With the lid on tight, place in some warm water to incorporate everything, add more honey if your fruit is not covered, and keep in the refrigerator for up to a week and a half. When you would like a cup of tea, place 1 1/2 tablespoons of the  lemon mixture into a mug of boiling water! Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment